Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
Coaching and Safety
- To deliver coaching in a range of physical activities alongside the Gym Coach within the Academy’s curriculum.
- To create lesson plans to be reviewed with Gym Coach on weekly basis.
- To be positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children to participate in sport and physical activity.
- To take positive steps to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst children, prioritising access and inclusion.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the Academy’s policies and operating procedures, including child protection, health and safety at work.
- Attend to the participants’ personal needs, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters including medical procedures.
- Supervise and support pupils to ensure their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual pupil’s needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others to promote high levels of physical activities. Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Ensure new participants have completed the waiver prior to participation of classes, and checking in and checking out on in-house waiver system.
- Check attendance of participants against in house booking system and update as necessarily.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of gym after lessons.
- Maintain tidiness of the gym at all times - shoes, equipment, and other items in the gym to be arranged neatly and placed at original position.
- To support the Gym Coach with any