Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
Calling all aspiring changemakers, come join Singapore's first co-operative of active citizen changemakers creating meaningful solutions for social issues in Singapore!Who We Are
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
A Good Space (AGS) is a group of people who want to do more for the social issues and communities we care about. From climate change to migrant workers, mental health to low-income communities, we represent 19 different issues and come from all walks of life, united in our dream for a more caring and inclusive Singapore.
We call these people ‘changemakers’.
In March 2020, we were registered as Singapore’s first co-operative to unite diverse changemakers as a collective changemaking force to design meaningful solutions for good.
We hope to do 3 things for Singapore:
- Changemaking is difficult and lonely, so we create a nourishing environment for changemakers to help each other
- Create opportunities for diverse changemakers to collaborate and tackle complex social issues (e.g. income insecurity for gig workers, living conditions for migrant workers, etc)
- Businesses and schools can be a force for good, so we Inspire employees and students to care about social issues and use their resources to create social change
As we embark on this journey to write a new chapter for changemaking in Singapore, we need some help!
We are looking for a Social Entrepreneur Intern to work alongside us to offer A Good Space’s paid programs to various companies and schools. These programs help A Good Space to nurture changemakers in schools and companies, and the revenue from these programs helps give A Good Space the funds it needs to continue its social impact work.The selected intern will have the following responsibilities:
We are committed to your learning and growth. Should you be selected, here are some unique experiences that you can look forward to:
- Brainstorm new ideas to create content (articles, graphics, videos, social experiments, etc) to send traffic to A Good Space's website and LinkedIn page
- Source for partnership and revenue opportunities with schools and companies, to nurture more students and employees to become changemakers
- Arrange for and sit in on sales meetings with schools and companies to understand their student development objectives / corporate giving philosophy
- Prepare proposals that align with the objectives of these schools / companies
- Learn and practice how to develop a business strategy to identify new market opportunities and generate income for a social enterprise
- Learn how to identify and engage potential customers for a social enterprise, including the specific questions to ask during a sales meeting and how to listen deeply into a customer's pain points
- Learn how to scope business deals, prepare sales presentations to potential clients and basic negotiation skills
- Develop advanced public speaking and presentation skills