Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
Are you a passionate graduate in search of a teaching career that supports your learning and growth, compensates well, while making a meaningful impact together with a team?
Over the past 8 years, we've been breaking the mould of traditional teaching practices that no longer work as well in this day and age.
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best learning experience in Singapore when it comes to Science tuition.
Lessons at The Pique Lab are designed based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have a purpose: they infuse plenty of joy in learning, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Since 2013, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 60+ team members across 10 departments and have helped over 10,000 students ace their Science examinations using our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials. We are often known among parents to be knowledgeable, humorous and caring teachers. (Look us up on Facebook or Google & you'll see plenty of 5-star reviews for every teacher.)
We are looking for passionate Science teachers to join our academic faculty to bring quality education to more children who are in need of help. You’ll join our team at a key moment in our growth as we rapidly expand in Singapore.
As a Primary Science Teacher at The Pique Lab, you will be involved in:
Class & Learning Management
– You will manage classes (online & onsite) effectively with a holistic understanding of your students’ learning needs and motivations
Lesson Preparation & Delivery
– You’ll prepare for your lessons in accordance to our curriculum. In particular, you’ll devise ways to simplify Science concepts and highlight common misconceptions.
– You’ll share your knowledge by writing articles and producing videos, so that your students can continue to learn from you outside of the classroom.
– You’ll communicate with parents on their children’s learning progress and make appropriate recommendations on how to improve further.
[How We Take Care Of You]
- Your success as a Primary Science Tutor means a lot to us.
- Rigorous training is provided during your first 9 months at The Pique Lab, which is aimed at increasing your confidence and expertise as a Primary Science Teacher.
- You will start your career with us by undergoing the Teaching Associate Programme where you'll learn plenty of valuable teaching skills:
- Content Mastery: Solidify your fundamentals in the Primary Science syllabus by learning key concepts & examination question types. Understand how to apply a variety of answering techniques to tackle questions effectively.
- Attention Control: Discover how to make your lessons come alive, such that your students never get bored of them. Dive deep into delivery technicals such as coherency, clarity, tempo, gestures, expression and humour.
- Class Control: Pick up effective classroom management strategies, so that you're able to maintain a fun, yet disciplined teaching approach with your students.
- Performance Management: Learn how to use cues effectively to instil a stronger sense of confidence in your students & help them develop a stronger affinity for Science.
- Communicating With Parents: Understand how to communicate with parents, such that they are supportive and appreciative of your work.
- After you've achieved mastery in your fundamentals, you can look forward to explore various career pathways (Specialist Track & Management Track) where we'll work closely with you to spearhead projects or manage teams.
- [Biggest Takeaway] Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
- Abundant Career Progression Opportunities in two different tracks: Specialist track and Management track
- Competitive Remuneration, including a base salary (starting from $3,400/ month) plus a variable pay (which scales based on your contributions)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Technology Benefits
- Paid Leaves
- Time-off From Work For Errands
- Fully-stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
- Company Socials
- Work From Home Care Packages
- We respect your time commitment with us. As such, you'll be paid full salary, even during your training period.
- There are no part-time teaching positions due to the amount of resources required to groom teachers to excellence.
- We specialise only in Primary Science and will continue to deepen our expertise in this area within the next 3 to 5 years. If you're only keen to teach Mathematics or English, we're probably not a good fit for you.