• The internship position is a paid full-time position offered at The Global Citizen education group, which functions as the parent company for several subsidiaries and joint-venture companies.
• The position should ideally commence in May and last till July 2019 (inclusive). Applicants may request for minor changes to be made in their start or end date, with the opportunity to extend.
• He or she will be focused on the execution of the company’s business development strategy with a view of financial gain and fund raising.
• The position is based in Singapore, although some travel can be expected in the event that a business partner or investor is situated abroad.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a sustainable growth strategy that balances financial gain with community-oriented opportunities
• Prepare materials and analyze data that will support the company’s intent on raising funds from investors in the region
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
• Assist in the general and follow-up of potential sales leads
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients, partners and/or investors
• Other tasks assigned by senior Staff
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum GCE A’ level or Polytechnic Diploma, university applicants are highly encouraged to apply
• Preferably previous experience with fundraising, case competitions, pitching (creation of pitch decks as well), consulting and/or sales generation
• Proficiency in MS Office, CRM software
• A strong grasp of the education market is also preferred
• Strong writing, editing and oral communication in English and at least one other language, with a preference for Mandarin, Vietnamese or Thai
• Persuasive communicator, who is confident of working with potential clients, partners and investors
• Independent task-driven learner who is comfortable working under pressure and while multi-tasking
• A team player and leader who is proactive and takes initiative
• Able to handle changing environments as well as situations involving different cultures, languages and working styles,
• Well organized with close attention to detail and implementation
• Thrives in a multi-faceted, fast-paced and challenging environment
• Confidence to travel and work online even while on travelling
• Intern stipend in the range of $600 - $800, depending on the education level of the applicant
• In the event of successful investments secured, the intern may be offered a commission-based bonus
• Sales commission where relevant
• If travel is required, their flights, accommodation, visa application (if required) and travel insurance covered for