• The Model UN /ASEAN internship position is a paid full-time position at MUN inc. that will commence in May and last till July 2019 (inclusive). Applicants may request for minor changes to be made in their start or end date, with the opportunity to extend.
• He or she will assist the Model UN / ASEAN Program Manager with the coordination of Model UN / ASEAN related events, and the development of relevant content.
• The position is based in Singapore, although some travel may be expected as MUN inc. will be organizing events in Vietnam and Thailand. Travel will be fully covered and the intern is welcomed to join the organizing team for these events.
• Due to the nature of work, the position also offers the opportunity to interact and meet experts, diplomats and other like-minded individuals who are keen on diplomacy and international affairs.
• Assist with logistics and operations for MUN inc.’s regional events and programs
• Contact guest speakers, sponsors and other event related guests
• Coordinate event invitations and liaise with event partners
• Recruit participants for the various events
• Assist in the maintenance of Model UN / ASEAN related social media content
• Research and develop relevant content
• Assist in business development efforts as well as community related projects
• Other tasks related to trainings or assigned by senior Staff
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum GCE A’ level or Polytechnic Diploma, university applicants are highly encouraged to apply
• Preferably previous experience in Model UN and/or ASEAN
• Experience organizing such conferences or events, or with social media is preferred
• Strong writing, editing and oral communication in English and at least one other language, with a preference for Mandarin, Vietnamese or Thai
• Independent task-driven learner who is comfortable working under pressure and while multi-tasking
• A team player and leader who is proactive and takes initiative
• Able to handle changing environments as well as situations involving different cultures, languages and working styles,
• Well organized with close attention to detail and implementation
• Thrives in a multi-faceted, fast-paced and challenging environment
• Confidence to travel and work online even while on travelling
• Paid travel opportunities to countries where events are held. Currently events have been confirmed for Bangkok, Thailand and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• In addition the stipend, interns who travel on behalf of the company will have their flights, accommodation, visa application (if required) and travel insurance covered for
• Opportunities to interact and work with international or regional organizations, other educators and like-minded individuals keen on foreign affairs work
• Reference letters on the condition of good performance