Freelance Job Description
DATA ANALYST – SITE SELECTION (INTERN)
AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres that meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with development of our Singapore, Hong Kong data centres well underway, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across the Asia Pacific and Japan, and are looking for people who share our energy and passion for our supporting data-driven future.
As the Data Analyst, you will report to the Head of Site Selection and work closely with the rest of the site selection team, making your mark in a number of ways:
• Data Analysts to assist the site selection team in GIS (Geographic Information Systems) opportunity mapping include analyzing spatial data through mapping software and designing digital maps with geographic data and various other data sets to assist in the analysis and selection of sites for consideration.
Your Day to Day
• Work closely with Technology and Site Selection teams to build mapping tool from using enterprise GIS mapping tool ArcGIS.
• Collect geolocation data relevant to Data Centre industry in the APAC region including power substations, fibre optic networks, natural risks, etc.
• Source for datasets from open-source databases, governmental databases, or regional/world databases from international and intranational organisations.
• Collate raw data and format them for ArcGIS usage.
• Populate ArcGIS with geolocation data to create a mapping tool used to inform Data Centre site selection efforts.
• Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
• Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
• Sourcing for shapefiles and geodatabases to merge with existing enterprise database.
• Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of datasets, including geographical, commercial, energy, and connectivity data.
• Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
• Producing reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
• Managing a digital library of geographic maps as project maps and project layouts. .
• GIS experience required
• Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts, theories, and terminology, such as spatial analysis, map projections and network analysis.
• Familiarity with GIS and geolocation data integration techniques and technologies.
• Experience with GIS Mapping tools (desired)
• Experience with Microsoft Excel