Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
How do you know if this role is for you?
Do you love to guide, teach and inspire children and young learners?
Do you have an uncanny ability to help people understand abstract concepts?
Do you enjoy coding and tinkering with electronics and hardware?
Does it excite you to exchange teaching, coding and creative ideas with others?
Does it excite you to work and grow professionally with fellow teachers and technologists?
If you answered yes to all above and you have…
A Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/related fields OR a Diploma/Degree in Math/Science/Engineering with exposure to programming OR
Experience teaching children or teenagers math or sciences or coding
…you may be a fit for this role.What you will undertake in this role:
- Apply LCCL’s teaching methodology to teach LCCL curriculum at LCCL campus or partner organisations.
- Teach with block-programming platform Scratch and MakeBlock robotics with Arduino.
- Update and extend teaching materials to top-notch quality.
- Perform research and development on the curriculum. This includes performing your wizardry with code, tinkering with electronics/robots, or wafting through books.
- Update parents on student progress. Lead parent-teacher conferences and outreach events.
- Prepare, source for and organize materials for classes.
- Participate in outreach activities and conduct workshops to the public.
- Coach students for hackathons and competitions.
- Be a walking and breathing ambassador of Computational Thinking and Coding education.
- Participate in personal, professional and technical development activities with fellow teachers.