Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
This is an opportunity not only for a seasoned manager or leader but also a senior data engineer / BI developer who is looking to take a step into management and who can show they have the right leadership qualities and ideas to take this company towards its data vision. As a Head of Data Engineering, you will
- Play a crucial part in establishing data team, designing & implementing cloud data warehouse strategy and deliverables that up to the highest standard. You will manage a team of experts and be responsible for the overall cloud data warehouse platform including data architecture, data structures, data models and streamlining to optimise performance. This will be a busy role and not for the faint-hearted with significant high level projects already in the pipeline.
- Be building and maintaining some of the largest retail-focused datasets in the region.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers.
The chance to join the ship early on and go all the way path to the recognised leader in the industry.
Great career and development prospects - being able to push the boundaries of what is possible. About us
Fairmart is an early-stage community commerce company with a mission to help local stores thrive in the digital age. It is our belief that local stores should have access to the same capabilities that larger businesses have, but built for their scale. To achieve this, we take a multidisciplinary approach to building solutions that are simple to use, yet powerful in their impact.
We're based in the JTC Launchpad - a heart of Singapore's startup community.
We are a diverse team of technologists and builders who love to see the direct impact of our work on the lives of our customers. Those who are successful at Fairmart are intensely curious and bring a fierce passion to their work. You should be results-oriented, but also be people-oriented and understand the broader context of each problem you solve. Our culture is our competitive advantage, and you will have a unique opportunity to nurture its evolution and growth.
Our founders bring a combined 25 years of experience from industry giants such as Shopback, Redmart, and DJI. The company is supported by prominent VCs such as Entrepreneur First, HAX, and SOSV.