Part-timers & Freelancers are welcomed to apply this Full time position
Fong’s Engineering & Manufacturing Private Limited is a leading precision engineering company engaged in the design, manufacture and repair of products primarily for the medical industry.
Working hours: 8am - 5.30 pm (Daily break of 45 minutes)
Location: 79 Loyang Way *** />Key roles and responsibilities
- Plan and manage the sourcing and selection of suppliers for procurement of materials according to established procurement strategies and policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and shortlist suppliersaccording to material specifications.
- Obtain and compare quotationswith quality and quantity in mind.
- Negotiate pricing and eventual selection of suppliers.
- Attend and check on delivery of procured materials in accordance with supplier agreement.
- Manage vendors and suppliersthrough qualification and approval of new suppliers, with the aim to establish an adequate inventory of reliable suppliers to support full production lines and in times of upward demand.
- Undertake the role of a liaison between Suppliers & Engineering department on technical issues.
- Engage QE departments on non-conformance goods and services to determine root causes, put in place appropriate preventive measures, as well as take corrective actions against suppliers.
- Support ‘Request For Quotation’enquires from customers, from evaluation of suppliers and materials to preparation of costing for internal stakeholders.
- Analyse and propose cost-saving measures for operational requirements.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Head of Department.