- Leads day-to-day operations and ensures strategy is being followed.
- Makes coverage decisions and organizes colleagues to execute plans.
- Coordinates globally across all platforms to ensure Newswires needs are met.
-Represents Newswires when needed in matters involving customers, sales, product and interdepartmental planning.
- Acts as an arbiter on decisions related to news distribution.
-Collaborates with newsroom leaders and editors from other groups.
-Communicates precisely and able to arbitrate issues and conflicts with compassion.
- Oversees the work of other Newswires leaders and editors.
- Manages workflow and participates in performance reviews.
- Assists in coaching individual leaders, editors, reporters and writers.
-Identifies training opportunities, plans and leads training presentations as needed.
-Leads by example and works well across teams.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Exercises exceptional news judgment in editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Oversees editors' work and helps them make progress and learn.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Understands WSJ's brand, content and various digital and print platforms.
- Thoroughly understands the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
- Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
- Takes pride in and ownership of the work done by the team.
- Thrives under pressure and remains calm in the face of challenges.
- Understands how to nurture a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Leads by example and works well across teams.
- Participates in recruiting and evaluating candidates during the hiring process.
- Participates in decision-making regarding disciplinary action and compensation.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Wants to learn new skills.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Understands workflow beyond his or her own needs.
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.