Freelance Job Description
AlphaPoint, a leading blockchain provider, is seeking a talented Technical Operations/DevOps to mitigate technical issues and maintaining overall health of our core software systems. AlphaPoint’s back-end elements are built using dotnetcore, custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled data processing.
You will be exposed to the entire system stack and develop an understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains. You will participate in the deployment, monitoring, and management of all AlphaPoint environments, including hardware, operating systems, custom software, and networking elements.
· Focused on diagnosing and troubleshooting computer systems on a Global basis
· Maintaining and building our cloud infrastructure (Proxmox, qemu, windows/linux administration)
· Participate in managing security systems, software deployments, firewalls, and load balancing.
· Scripting work using Python, PowerShell, and Bash. Understand how our automation strategies integrate into a unified solution.
· Liaise with Engineers on the development team to resolve technical challenges and client needs
· Participate in solution development/delivery.
· Triage and mitigate technical support issues and software bugs.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience as a DevOps/Technical Operations Engineer
· Experience working directly with customers.
· 3+ years of experience working directly with:
o Linux/Unix and Windows administration.
o Scripting such as PowerShell and Bash
· 1 year of experience with:
o Basic scripting and programming experience.
o Automated build platforms (ex. Jenkins)
o Alerting/monitoring/metrics systems (ex. InfluxDB, Grafana, etc)
o SQL/MySQL queries, scripting, administration.
Strongly Desired Experience:
· Experience with emerging blockchain technologies
· Experience supporting trading or exchange software (Ideally developed in-house)
· Experience with TCP/IP and Firewall experience.