Freelance Job Description
The internship position is a freelance position offered at The Global Citizen education group, which functions as the parent company for several subsidiaries and joint-venture companies.
The position should ideally commence in May and last till July 2019 (inclusive). Applicants may request for minor changes to be made in their start or end date, with the opportunity to extend.
He or she will be focused on the execution of the company’s sales strategy with a view of increasing sales and revenue.
The position is based in Singapore, although some travel can be expected in the event that a business partner is situated abroad.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a sustainable growth strategy that balances financial gain with community-oriented opportunities
• Prepare materials and analyze data that will support the company’s revenue-driven goals
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
• Assist in the general and follow-up of potential sales leads
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients, and/or partners
• Other tasks assigned by senior Staff
• Minimum GCE A’ level or Polytechnic Diploma, university applicants are highly encouraged to apply
• Preferably previous experience with fundraising, case competitions, pitching (creation of pitch decks as well), consulting and/or sales generation
• Proficiency in MS Office, CRM software
• A strong grasp of the education market is also preferred
• Strong writing, editing and oral communication in English and at least one other language, with a preference for Mandarin, Vietnamese or Thai
• Strong sales and negotiation techniques, customer service background preferred
• Ability to keep track of and manage multiple client relationships constantly
• Persuasive communicator, who is confident of working with potential clients, partners and investors
• Resourceful, possesses excellent problem-solving and research skills, with ability to identify possible partners and key decision-makers
• Comfortable with interacting with new and existing clients and partners regularly, making calls and other forms of outreach
• Independent task-driven learner who is comfortable working under pressure and while multi-tasking
• A team player and leader who is proactive and takes initiative
• Well organized with close attention to detail and implementation